Alpine is a division of parent company Cold Hire. Along with our other services we can supply and manage your refrigeration requirements from a single door chiller for a weekend up to management and logistics of permanent multi-site, multi-cabinet placements. We’re committed to supplying high quality rental refrigeration products and expanding our range of refrigerated display cabinets, chiller trailers & walk-in refrigerated rooms. Cold Hire also buys, sells and trades new and used equipment.
You are welcome to visit us at our Woolston warehouse and view our equipment including:
- Glass fronted chillers & freezers
- Walk-in refrigerated rooms
- Mobile refrigerated trailers
- Serve-overs displays
- Wall deli displays
- Display freezers and more.
Cold Hire can also offer custom built walk-in cool rooms & freezer rooms as portable units or as permanent cool stores built on site. Contact us for a no obligation, free quote.
In addition to serving the Christchurch market, Cold Hire can supply your refrigeration needs throughout the South Island and can arrange transport or freight of equipment to the North Island at competitive rates. Enquire now about our pricing options.
Cold Hire has a wide variety of Refrigerated Display equipment available
- Glass Door Chillers & Freezers
- Open fronted wall deli displays
- Serve-overs displays
- Display freezers
Weekend to longer term rentals available
- Chiller Trailers
- Freezer Trailers
- Small trailers approx. box size 2.0 x 1.4 x 1.6m (H), suitable for catering for 100 – 125 people
- Med & Large trailers for bigger events
Spare wheel and padlock available on request (subject to availability)
Not designed to be towed fully loaded (enquire for details)
Walk-in Chillers and Freezers
Portable and self-contained units. Most units can simply be plugged in to a standard 10amp socket. Larger units require 15amp or a Three Phase power supply (for heavy duty applications). Transport by trailer (forklift or similar required to unload) or freight by Hiab truck which can lift off into position (a site inspection is recommended).
- Walk-in Chillers – Operating temperature between +2 and +5 degrees Celsius
- Walk-in Freezers – Operating temperature between -18 and -20 degrees Celsius with automatic defrost cycle
- Range of sizes
- Available for short or long term rental
Rental equipment is covered by a breakdown service (subject to our Terms & Conditions) as part of the rental agreement.
We are the preferred refrigeration supplier for a number of Trade Shows and events including:
- World Buskers Festival (CHCH)
- SI Field Days (KIRWEE & GORE)
- The Food Show (CHCH)
- Canterbury A&P Show (CHCH)
- Addington Cup Week (CHCH)
- Gluten Free Food & Allergy Show (CHCH)
- Woman’s Lifestyle Expo (CHCH)
- Great Kiwi Beer Festival (CHCH)
As well as many local businesses including:
- Convenience Stores
- Flower Growers
- Restaurants / Cafes / Bars